The CSS exam is a competitive exam conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad for the recruitment of candidates to posts (BS-17) in the twelve Occupational Groups/ Services under the Federal Government. If you are interested in applying for the CSS 2024 exam, this blog post is for you. This blog has all the information you need to know about this exam, including important deadlines, eligibility criteria, and documents checklist. It will help you make the whole process easier.
The must-know information about the CSS 2024 exam
- What is the maximum age to sit for the CSS exam? Students must be between the ages of 21 and 30.
- How to claim age relaxation to appear in the CSS exam? The upper age limit is relaxable by two years (up to 32 years) for the categories mentioned in Rule 6 of the CSS Competitive Examination Rules 2019 and onwards, subject to fulfillment of documentary requirements.
- How to calculate the cutoff date for eligibility in the CSS exam? The cutoff date for determining the eligibility of a candidate in terms of age, qualification, domicile, etc., is December 31 of the preceding year. Click here and add your date of birth in the calculator and enter “Age at the Date” as December 31, 2023. If a person exceeds even a single day after the age of 30, he or she can avail the option of age relaxation.
- What is the educational qualification required for the CSS exam? Both male and female candidates, including special persons, who have at least a second division or grade “C” Bachelor’s degree (14 or 16-year qualification) are eligible.
The online registration for the CSS 2024 exam
The Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) announced the CSS 2024 exam on July 7, 2023. The online registration for the CSS 2024 MPT (Multiple Choice Questions-based Preliminary Test) has began on Monday, August 28, 2023 and the last day to register is Tuesday, September 12, 2023. The CSS 2024 MPT will be held on Sunday, November 19, 2023.
The CSS 2024 MPT (multiple choice questions-based preliminary test) is a preliminary test that must be passed in order to be eligible to take the CSS 2024 written exam.
The important deadlines for the CSS 2024 exam
Applicants are advised to carefully follow the instructions provided on this web-page and be aware of the deadlines. The CSS Exam Desk Team has verified the deadlines for the CSS 2024 exam from the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC). However, due to the late announcement of the CSS 2024 exam (registration process), the FPSC is likely to make changes to the deadlines. Therefore, you are required to bookmark our web-page so that you can stay updated with the latest deadlines.
|Sr. No||Events||Scheduled on|
|01.||Advance Public Notice for CSS 2024 exams||July 7, 2023 (Friday)|
|02.||On-line application for CSS 2024 MPT begins||August 28, 2023 (Monday)|
|03.||Last date to submit CSS 2024 MPT form||September 12, 2023 (Tuesday)|
|04.||CSS 2024 MCQs-based Preliminary Test (MPT) on||November 19, 2023 (Sunday)|
|05.||Announcement of CSS 2024 MPT results||December 9, 2023|
|06.||Advertisement for CSS 2024 written exams||December 10, 2023|
|07.||On-line applications for the CSS 2024 written exams||December 11- Dec 20, 2023|
|08.||Submission of hardcopy/documents to the FPSC||December 21, 2023|
|09.||Admission Certificate for the CSS written exams||January 20, 2024|
|10.||Commencement of the CSS 2024 written exams||February 29, 2024 onwards|
|11.||CSS 2024 written exams – Final results||Nobember 25, 2024|
|12.||CSS 2024 exams – Psychology and viva voce||March 31, 2025|
|13.||CSS 2024 exams – Final results & allocation||May 2, 2025|
The complete process of the CSS 2024 exam
Here’s a step-by-step walkthrough of the on-line registration process for the CSS 2024 MPT (MCQs-based Preliminary Test). It is important to note that you must be aware of the age limit and required qualification before starting the registration process. The CSS 2024 MPT registration will be done online only and no documents are required. It must be noted that appearing in the MPT will not be counted as an attempt.
- Download the Treasury Receipt (TR)/ Challan Form from the attached link. It costs Rs. 250, which can be paid in the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) or State Bank of Pakistan (SBP). No other bank can be used for this purpose. You will find four copies in the challan form. The bank will return two copies to you: the Central Duplicate (the candidate’s copy) and the Central Original (the FPSC’s copy). Please keep the FPSC’s original copy safe with you. You will need to produce it when you appear for the test on November 19, 2023. Also note that the bank employee will write a number with red pen, along with his/her bank stamp. This number and bank branch code are important, as you will need them in Step No. 09.
- Once you have paid the challan in the bank, you can now register online using the attached link. Go to the link and select “MCQ Based Preliminary Test (MPT) for CSS Competitive Examination-2024“. Then, click on “New User”. Enter your CNIC (without dashes), full name (as per Matriculation certificate), and email address (must be valid and active) carefully, as these details cannot be changed after submission. After filling them, click on the “Submit” now.
- The “Login Screen” will appear. Enter your “Login” and “Password” as you already chose them at the registration stage in the relevant boxes.
- Now, select the “Create/Update Profile” or “My Profile” option. Enter the information carefully (as in your official documents). Note that it is obligatory to enter information in the boxes marked with an asterisk (*). Once you are done, click on “Save” now.
- In this step, you will upload your professional picture (maximum size of 30 KB). If you need to reduce the size of your picture, click on this attached link. Upload it, change the RESOLUTION (DPI) value, download it, and then upload it back to the FPSC portal.
- In the “Education section”, you will need to add your most recent qualification that makes you eligible to sit in the CSS 2024 MPT. Just add your last degree in it. When you apply for the written exams after the CSS 2024 MPT, you will add all of your degrees, starting from matric. Note that the result declaration date can be as in your transcript, so there is no need to worry. Now, select “Save” to enter these details successfully. Then, select “Skip this section”.
- In case of any disability and need for a helper or computer, you may select the necessary options. Otherwise, select “Skip this section”. This step completes your profile creation process.
- “Test Profile” will appear. From there, select the “Create/Update Profile” option. Select the “Edit Profile” option to edit your profile if necessary. Once you are done, select the “Apply for CSS” option from the profile menu. Then, select “Apply” to proceed further.
- Now, add your challan details (as discussed in Step No. 1). Select the “Proceed Next” option. Recheck the entries as reflected on the screen before selecting the “Confirm and Apply” option. After selecting this option, your application for CE CSS 2024 MPT will be submitted and no changes will be allowed in the application.
- Be informed that examination centre once selected shall not be changed
- Go to the “Application History” section to print your online form. Click on “Print View” and take a printout or PDF format of the application form for your own records.
- Now, it is time to start your CSS 2024 MPT preparation with us and give your best.