FPSC Descriptive Test Notes 2023 | CSS Exam Desk
Candidates can download study material, sample tests, original questions and notes of FPSC Descriptive Test for Case Nos. F.4-20/2022 FBR Appraising/ Valuation officer (BS-16), F.4- 45/2023 FIA Assistant Director Investigation (BS-17) and F.4- 46/2023 FIA Inspector Investigation (BS-16) .
- Time allowed for this test is three hours only.
- Qualifying marks for this test are 40 (out of 100).
- Students have to attempt FIVE questions in all by selecting ONE question (topic) from PART – I and TWO questions each from PART – II and PART – III.
- Final allocation is based on this test and interview marks.
Decoded Syllabus | FPSC Descriptive Test
- To download the FPSC official syllabus for the Descriptive Test in PDF format, click here.
English Essay: 40 Marks
Candidates will be required to write an Essay in English comprising 1000 words from a set of four given topics. Candidates are expected to reflect comprehensive knowledge on a selected topic. Candidate’s articulation, expression and technical approach to the style of English Essay writing will be examined.
Current Affairs: 30 Marks
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate knowledge on current affairs related to the following:
- Kashmir Issue
- Pak -US relations
- Afghanistan Crisis
- CPEC and Pakistan
Islamic Studies/ Pakistan Studies: 30 Marks
- Introduction to Islam
- Seerah of the Prophet (PBUH) as Role Model
- Status of Woman in Islam
- Articles of Faith
- Islamic Code of Life
- Islamic Concept of Human Rights
*Islamiat section can only be attempted in English language.
- Parliamentary democracy in Pakistan under 1973 Constitution
- Salient features of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973
- Economic Challenges for Pakistan
- Major social problems of Pakistan
Sample Papers | FPSC Descriptive Test
- To download the sample papes for FPSC Descriptive Test, click — Sample Paper I | Sample Paper II
Study Material | FPSC Descriptive Test
- FPSC Descriptive Test Notes by Aamir Mahar (CPEC and Pakistan, the US policy in South Asia, Kashmir Issue – A historical account of the tragedy) — Part – I/ Download in PDF
- FPSC Descriptive Test Notes by Aamir Mahar (The Salient Features & Amendments of the Constitution of 1973, Status of Woman in Islam, Economic Challenges for Pakistan, Rising Islamophobia in the West, Islamic Concept of Human Rights, Pakistan-US Relations and Afghan Factor) — Part – II/ Download in PDF
NOTE: These topics have been dealt and prepared in detail according to the given syllabus of the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC). To update these notes with the latest developments, click here.
Recommended Books | FPSC Descriptive Test
For Pakistan Studies/ Current Affairs & Essay –
- The Constitution of Pakistan 1973
- Pakistan and World Affairs (Shamshad Ahmad)
- Kashmir in Conflict: India, Pakistan and the Unending War. (Schofield, Victoria. New York: I.B.Tauria, 2003).
- Modern South Asia: History, Culture, Political Economy. (Jalal, Aisha and Bose, Sugata. New York: Routledge, 1998).
- Federalism and Ethnic Conflict Regulation in India and Pakistan. (Adeney, Katharine. , New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007).
- Pakistan’s Energy Sector: From Crisis to Crisis-Breaking the Chain (Zaid Alahdad)
For Islamic Studies –
- Introduction to Islam (Dr. Hamidullah)
- Islam: its Meaning & Message (Khurshid Ahmad)
- Insan —e —Kamil (Dr Khalid Alvi)
- Islami Tehzeeb Kay Chund Darakhshan Pehloo (Mustafa Sabali)