The Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) is holding a one-time special CSS exam to fill the vacancies that could not be filled in the previous CSS exams. You can find all the information about the exam, including deadlines, eligibility, exam pattern, and syllabus, on this page.
The CSS 2023 special exams is only being held for the following provincial and regional quotas. Therefore, only candidates from the following regions and quotas have been considered eligible:
- Punjab – Minorities only
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa – Women + Minorities
- Azad Kashmir – Minorities only
- Sindh (Rural) – Open for all candidates
- Sindh (Urban) – Open for all candidates
- Balochistan – Open for all candidates
- Ex-FATA – Open for all candidates
Applicants are advised to carefully read and follow the guidelines provided here, and to be aware of the closing dates.
The written part of the Special CSS Competitive Examination will be held by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) starting on Thursday, October 12, 2023, in the following cities, except Gilgit and Muzaffarabad due to administrative reasons. Students who qualified the CSS 2023 (Special) MPT held on May 21, 2023, may apply online for the written exams on the FPSC website by August 15, 2023.
|Sr. No||Events||Scheduled on|
|1.||On-line application for the CSS 2023 (Special) MPT||Apply before March 14, 2023|
|2.||Conduct of the CSS 2023 (Special) MPT test||May 21, 2023|
|3.||Advertisement for CSS 2023 (Special) written exams||July 23, 2023|
|4.||On-line applications for the CSS 2023 (Special) written exams||Jul 24- Aug 15, 2023|
|5.||Submission of hardcopy/documents to the FPSC on/ before||August 25, 2023|
|6.||Admission Certificate for the CSS 2023 (Special) written exams||October 1, 2023|
|7.||Commencement of the CSS 2023 (Special) written exams||October 12, 2023 (Thursday)|
|8.||CSS 2023 (Special) written exams – Final results||August 15, 2024|
|9.||CSS 2023 (Special) – Psychology and viva voce||Sept 2 – Dec 14, 2024|
|10.||CSS 2023 (Special) – Final results & allocation||January 15, 2025|
- Student must have at least a second division Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Age between 21 and 35 years (for Special CSS only). No further age relaxation is admissible. A candidate born on or before December 31, 1987, and on or after January 2, 2002, is not eligible for the Special CSS Competitive Examination.
- The cutoff date for determining the eligibility of candidates in terms of age, qualification, domicile, etc. is December 31, 2022. Therefore, all candidates are advised to submit all required documents before the cutoff date. Otherwise, their candidature may be rejected.
- The CSS 2023 (Special) written examination fee is Rs. 2200/-. You can deposit the fee in the nearest Govt. Treasury/State Bank of Pakistan/National Bank of Pakistan. The account head is “C02101-Organs of State Exam fee (FPSC Receipt)”. You can use the challan form available on the FPSC website to deposit the fee.
- You can submit your online application on the FPSC website. The deadline for submitting the application is August 15, 2023. You will need to choose your optional subjects and exam center when you submit your application. Please note that you will not be able to change your optional subjects or exam center after you have submitted your application.
- Duly signed hardcopy of online application form
- An original bank Treasury Receipt (TR) and an attested copy of a CNIC.
- An attested copy of a matriculation certificate (showing the date of birth) and intermediate certificate are required. Provisional certificates, result cards, or mark sheets are not acceptable.
- Attested copies of graduation degree(s) and self-Domicile Certificate are required.
- Your recent 4 passport size pictures (attested on back side, mentioning name and father’s name).
- Attestation can be done by any officer who holds a Grade 17 position.
NOTE: All the documents should be attested before their submission. Dispatch your hard copy of documents on this FPSC address: Secretary, FPSC Headquarters Aga Khan Road, Sector F 5/1, Islamabad.
- To view the public notice for the CSS (Special) written exams, click here.
- Click here to apply online. The deadline for registration is August 15, 2023.
- Download the challan form. You will need to pay an examination fee of Rs. 2200/-.
- To read the detailed syllabus for CSS 2023 (Special) written exams, click here.
- Certificate for Scheduled Caste/ Buddhist Community (Annex-A) | Download
- Certificate for candidates belonging to Tribal Areas (Annex-B) | Download
- Certificate for candidates belonging to Azad Jammu & Kashmir Territory (Annex-C) | Download
- Certificate for candidates belonging to Minorities (Annex-D) | Download
- Departmental Permission Certificate (Annex-E) for use of government servants | Students can submit the DPC form at the interview, but they must mark the relevant checkbox in the online application. | Download
For withheld CSS 2023 (Special) MPT candidates: All withheld candidates are required to submit the following documents in hard copy to the following address: Secretary, FPSC Headquarters Aga Khan Road, Sector F 5/1, Islamabad. The required documents are:
- A representation challan for Rs. 500/-. You can download the challan using this link. The FPSC may update the challan in the future, but this will not cause any problems. You can still use the challan that you have downloaded.
- Your actual challan for the CSS 2023 (Special) MPT test. If you do not have this, please obtain a bank statement from the relevant bank. Please note that the documents must be submitted as soon as possible.